21 February 2012

Learning languages

I've always been crap at learning languages. But I love languages! Maybe it's because I'm bilingual, I appreciate it so much when someone makes an effort to learn my language. Everytime when I travel, I try to learn some words and phrases in the local language. So now I'm trying to learn Portuguese, again... I found these blogposts related to the issue. This made me remember that I learned the Hungarian numbers with a ten year old. A guy in my Portugues class just told me about Livemocha, but I'd forgotten what it was called! Luckily I found it here, together with a lot of other good, and free, stuff!

I just found this today (22.2.2012): a 20-year old guy that speaks 11 languages! Wow! I'm so envious! Allthough, I find the languages he has chosen a bit weird. I mean, Dutch and Afrikaans? Come on! There are better ways to throw away your time :D  

Maybe you could help me with my task of learning languages and tell me what "delicious" is in yours?
In Finnish it is: herkullista!
In Swedish it is: jätte gott!

1 comment: